Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Where Has The Time Gone?

Hello friends! As you all know, I’ve been long awaiting my trip to Europe for Spring break.  My excitement is quickly growing and my suitcase is slowly coming together.  It feels like only a few months ago I was telling myself I’d be leaving in 365 days. Where has the time gone? The countdown snuck up on me before I even realized that I am leaving in 2 days.



I’ve been pretty occupied getting ready for this trip and finishing the last few projects and exams I need to do this week.  January and  February were WAY to hectic but at least I have 10 days of vacation to look forward to before getting back to Canada and finishing my last few months of high school.
It feels like this whole year has been calculated in hours, in days, in weeks, in countdowns, in months, in deadlines, in projects, in days off, in presentations, in obligations, in rants and in television series. *sigh* constantly counting time gets extremely tiresome (no matter how you calculate it. Since the next 2 days will go by in a flash, I thought I would spend part of the evening writing to myself in order to remind and refocus my intentions and expectations for this trip. Most of all, I hope Europe will help me lose track of time. Or at least not be intimidated by it.  I won’t be bringing my phone or my laptop on this trip so it will be quite refreshing to no be constantly reminded by what time it is. Of course we’ll have to follow a schedule but I can fully enjoy this trip knowing that I have no projects or essays to hand in for the next 10 days. I don’t want to let the future and what might happen after this trip dampens the excitement and beautiful experiences that are waiting. In other words, I won’t allow time, individuals or negative situations to ruin this vacation I’ve been planning for over 3 years.

Here are some of the intentions I have set myself for this trip in order to enjoy it as much as I can.
1.       Be patient
2.       Be tolerant
3.       Be open to new experiences (cultures, food, languages, traditions, etc.)
4.       Avoid sowing negativity
5.       Do not let an individual ruin your experience
6.       Put aside differences for the sake of group harmony
7.       Take pictures
8.       Share your experiences with others
9.       Brush off frustrations
10.   Write everything down in a journal
11.   Stretch at least once a day
12.   Pay attention, Be attentive
13.   Be sociable
14.   Step outside your comfort zone

I know this post isn’t as filled with content as my others but unfortunately, I only a have a few days left and I’m afraid I won’t be able to blog any more before we take off. I hope you all have a great Spring break wherever you are in the world! See you 2 weeks!



1 comment:

  1. Stretching once a day...you got that done all right ;)

    ReplyDelete